Monday, February 11, 2013

A NEW BLOG and a tribute to my dvd recorder

My daughter Cat Nelson and her older son Jay, almost 13, go to a lot of movies together. They have decided to created a blog reviewing some of these films. Here is there blog: http://momandsonatthemovies.blogspot.com./

Their first reviews are about ARGO, one of the best of 2012.

Last night we skipped the Grammys in favor of a two hour episode of DOWNTON ABBEY. Surprise!! Lots of surprises for both top side and bottom galley at the Abbey, all ending with a smashing game of cricket!

Now to the Grammys, or should I say, through the Grammys. As a side note, I would like to thank the genius(es) who gave us the dvd recorder. Just think, I could zip through the 3 and a half hour Grammy Awards in an hour and a half, eliminating all commercials and any reference to hip hop or rap (almost, they seemed to sneak into other musical types). Yes, I know a 73 year old granddad shouldn't be watching the Grammys, but I can't resist the sets, the lights, and the outfits. Highlights? Carrie Underwood's silver dress which shimmered with butterflies, fields of blue, etc. Justin Timberlake's smashing big band riff--this guy just gets better and better. Frank Ocean and Bruno Mars, the latter teaming up with Sting in a tribute to Bob Marley. And there were the usual lows: Rhiana and her ilk were zapped, thanks to my trusty dvd recorder!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the promo Dad! I think we spent even less time on the Grammys than you did- but it is nice to be able to zip through the highlights. Agree with you about Timberlake. Where is the love for Mumford and Sons?

    ReplyDelete